I have decided to snap out of my ‘bah humbug’ attitude towards the festive season, after all it is Francis’s first Christmas which gives me every reason to enjoy the build up and make the most of these family moments.
We have spent the week decorating our home, baking Christmas treats and taking Francis to see the pretty lights along the seafront.
There tends to be lots of pressure to make every Christmas THE perfect Christmas which is why it can be a struggle to enjoy the count down.
It doesn’t have to be stressful …
– take a moment
– gift wrap your presents with Crosby’s Christmas playing
– treat yourself to your favourite Christmas tipple (mulled wine is my choice of drink perfect for these cold nights)
– make truffles with a Christmas twist they are simple to make and make cute gifts
– pick out a dark shade of lipstick it’s party season!
– visit a Christmas market
– smile at strangers
– remember it’s ok to put on 10lbs over the season that’s what baggy knitwear is for!
I will be making some dark chocolate and chilli truffles tomorrow and will be posting the recipe to follow.